Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's that time again

MAINTENANCE RUN!

I'm getting bored. With nothing left in Carson that doesn't require a hike, I'm out of caches. So, I'll go around and maintain mine and anyone else's who's caches are basically abandonded (thinking of one cacher in particular.)

Spent the entire morning replacing logs, containers, pen/cils. Foujnd a few in between, but it was mostly just deal with that blasted Needs Maintenance attribute. Course, not being the owner means I can't do a thing about it and the Owner isn't active enough to bother.

Towards evening, I headed over to Starbucks for the first of what hopefully is a monthly event. We've so many new cachers that I want to meet them! But I'm too lazy to bother with a real event. So instead I sent out an email to those I knew and said, Meet me here!

20 people showed up!!! WOW! I was truly impressed and I think everyone was excited to finally meet the folks who've been signing logs and placing caches this last month or so.

But the topper was Bernsports, who sat through the whole meeting, knowing that he had a cache waiting in the queue that would stump us. And he kept a straight face throughout!!! The rat.

I had a fantastic time and look forward to the next!

1/10/2009
NevadaWolf performed maintenance for First look at Carson City, East, Egg-in-One, Egg-ucational, Egg-cellent View, FST: Don’t Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me The Pliers, Th-Egg-rical, Limited Time Only, Egg-calibur, FST: In The Next World, You're On Your Own, First look at Carson City, South, FST: Fighting Clowns, Rest Blissfully, FST: Dear Friends, A Round History

1/10/2009
NevadaWolf updated the coordinates for Egg-le Station

1/10/2009
NevadaWolf posted a note for Polecat creek, the name is the clue, Let's Exercise, " Is Dat SO ! ", On Target, "Let's Share"

1/10/2009
NevadaWolf requested Going 50! on the 50! west to be archived

1/10/2009
NevadaWolf found There's No Muligans in Caching, A Tricky Game, Clear Creek-Kings Canyon Fire Memorial, Carson City Freeway, No Longer A Pipe Dream.

No comments: