Monday, May 7, 2012

Puppy love!

I am curious what that title brought to your mind, especially if you know me. Hehehe

So this weekend was the so called "Supermoon" and I decided to test a statement I had heard a few years back. Supposedly, the petroglyphs at Grime's Point 'glowed' under the light of the full moon. For some glyphs I have seen I could easily imagine that the pale interior of the rock contrasted nicely with the patinated exterior. However, Grimem's is so old, that many of the glyphs are a dark milk chocolate brown and the rock itself a rich deep dark chocolate (hummmm hungry now). I doubted this theory, but tonight had the opportunity.

I've also taken to watching a few online geek-themed shows, such as The Guild (http://theguild.geekandsundry.com/) and TableTop (http://tabletop.geekandsundry.com/). Yesterday's episode of TableTop featured a quick game called Zombie Dice that looked like I could play solo. Not as fun, mind you, but possible. (ohh looky, they have an iPad app as well!) I ran to Reno right after work to grab that game, came home (ordering Domino's as I stopped in Fernley for a drink), and goofed around until it got dark enough to do wander in the desert.

Well, while strolling across the sandy path under the light of the lovely Moon, unfortunately the glyphs are just too dark to see. I did see one beautiful zig zag and spiral and my camera almost got it. Kinda sorta not really. Oh well.

Saturday morning was Bark in the Park and I took a wander over there to enjoy some happy furry friends who were out playing in the sunshine and the grass! It was a great morning and lots of fun petting on anyone who would pull their humans over to me. They also had ferret races which was giggle worthy and the little ferrets just wanted to play and couldn't figure out why their humans were running back and forth.

A few weeks back, on the return trip from Washington, I met a gal named Margy who volunteered for the Dayton Historical Society. she later contacted me and told me about their Silver Anniversary coming up and asked if I would come by. So I did. I knew where the museum was from helping place a cache there, but did not expect the massive parking problem that little schoolhouse would have! Lots of people showed! Watched a speech given to explain the Society, their history, present, and future. Then a fashion show highlighting various periods of Dayton's history. Finally, wandered through the building being introduced to *everybody* as "The one who saved me!" by Margy. I held her hand while the plane went through some turbulence just after take off, that's what got me talking about anything else to get her mind off the plane shaking. All in all a great few hours and met a lot of really awesome history buffs!

Onward into Carson where I spent a little bit of time hanging out with my buddy. Just had coffee (tea actually I think this time) and babbled about our days and what's going on in both our lives. Weekends are turning into catch up days... :-/ Headed on over to my Dad's where we went out and got dinner - though I had a Filipino dish at the park eariler and was still stuffed! Then, then, (ready for it) we went to see Avengers!! OMG! Really enjoyed the film and had a lot of fun laughing at the comedic scenes. While I am not a diehard Marvel fan, I know enough to know who most of these folks are (except Hawkeye, he threw me but that's what Wikipedia is for). But I agree with a few tweets I saw befo and afterward, the show really belonged to Hulk. Smash!!

Sunday was a run up to Reno to wander around bike shops (would like a dual-sport), REI (still have a dividend to spend), and attempts at a game shop (closed and/or moved). Gave up on that, hung out with Tarry again, and headed home for the weekend. Gotta love chores!

A few other habits I have recently picked up:

Rally loving the band Oomph. I have for awhile, but i still find myself searching through YouTube for their videos and concerts. I was introduced to them by an Ace in Portland and there is just something about their sound that I enjoy. Augen Auf (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcN-QoReNv8&feature=youtube_gdata_player) is my favorite song right now, with Labrynth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzkJYoyHqdI&feature=youtube_gdata_player) coming in second. They are a German band but do have an English album out as well. Oh, the first video I saw of theirs was Brennende Liebe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfxiuoZYdqY&feature=youtube_gdata_player).

Minecraft. Had been watching a few Minecraft videos and thinking how fun! Then found they released a Pocket Edition, so downloaded the demo version. After a few days of getting sucked into that, bought the full mobile version. Been a few more days and now am thinking about buying the PC version to really build! Screen shots will be in today's pictures.

Think that covers it for this weekend. Next is Mother's Day so going to see what my mommy wants to do. Until then, Toodles!!

Doggies and Dresses

No comments: