Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A whole lot of pavement

Weekend started early as I met up with a friend at Olive Garden for dinner and a wander around Scheel's before heading back home. My eye sight is really starting to concern me as it's becoming difficult to see clearly at night. For those I haven't told, imagine a nice crisp morning where a thin layer of fog has settled and all the lights have a nice circular haze around them. The lights, signs, buildings, cars, whatever are all clear but just surrounded by a halo. Yeah, that's what I see daily (nightly, actually).

But Saturday oh Saturday!! Got up early and headed out with my bike to the Reno Fernley Raceway where I sat and watched some truly fast bikers take off around the track. And when noon rolled around, it was my turn! Though I had to wait while a spill and two bikes were cleaned up from the "Bowl" (I think), an area on the back side of a huge horseshoe turn. Led by Chad and followed by Mary and Jerry, I got to go around the track three times at a nice controlled speed. OMG THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN!! I even dragged my foot peg twice on the same corner! Must find me a leather suit so I can go back out next month and ride for real.

Afterwards, seeing as it was only 1 o'clock, Dad and I grabbed lunch, filled up the Yaris, and headed all the way out to Pony Springs off Hwy 93 to replace a cache of mine. 8 hours later we arrived and got treated to a BEAUTIFUL lightning storm that was having a fit over eastern Nevada. The return trip was uneventful, having grabbed dinner at the Hotel Nevada in Ely. My eyes were bothering me so I had been keeping them closed most of the drive ... Which resulted in my body thinking it was bed time. Ugh, I got so sleepy I wasn't able to help drive and my Dad brought us all the way back to Fallon to stop at my place. 3 am makes for a LONG day!

Sunday, we were both whipped, so headed back into Carson where I met up with Puzzleman to head to Tahoe (quick bite at Wendy's first) and hang out for awhile. Had a blast up there chilling over a couple Starbucks drinks and surfing around on the Internet. Good way to spend the afternoon.

Dad brought me back to Fallon where we went out to a nice dinner for his birthday. Since it fell out a weekday, figured a weekend celebration would be easier. Yummy dinner and another good chance to sit down and talk.

All in all had a wonderful weekend with a LOT Of driving in it. This week will be a short one for me as I am taking Tuesday off. Hoping to take care of a few things that have been bothering me for a long time.

Until next time! (hikes and a possible overnight up on some Tahoe trails.)

No comments: