Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

Not much caching done as it is Mom's day. But I did get some in.

Earlier I was told about an odd-ball double cache over by the hospital and asked if I remembered any archived cache being there. Since I woke up at 7 and we were planning on heading out around 10, I had some time to investigate.

Turns out that some Rally school used a nearby lamp post to place a stage of a "Night challenge" and it was forgotten. That was back in 2006. Seems that since then, only 1 in every 4 caches managed to find the real cache and instead logged the temporary one. That explains Puzzleman and nvsrvyr's confusion yesterday!

After I removed the offending LPC, b0neZ, kindergeek, and I all headed out to his folks and watched a movie while catching up on family happenings. Afterward, we headed up to Tahoe for my mom's and had some delicious burgers after a game of badminton.

As we were driving home, I managed to get power back into my phone and discovered that RoadRunner was busy! But, we're still 30 minutes away and there's no chance of me getting down in time, so I just ignored them. Not one to be ignored, RoadRunner called and asked how the FTF hunt was going. Since I wasn't, we just chatted a bit before he had to go. Then he published 3 more!! Of course I called him back to harass him over such a move.

Once I dropped the guys off, I went to enter coords - and something happened...

I don't know what, nor why, but my mood dropped drastically while I was putting in those numbers. Rather than trying to hunt for any caches, I just drove up into the hills overlooking Carson and tried to sort out why I was suddenly depressed.

I hope I can shake this feeling soon, but I feel like I lost it.

No comments: