Thursday, July 3, 2008

A goal of 212

Think it's possible?

Finding 212 caches before the end of July?

I think so - there's enough out there that I haven't found and with some dedicated days of just going and getting them, I should be able to pound out a fair number. Then head over the hill to the very meaning of the phrase Cache Saturation - California, and make that final bomb drop.

Why, might you ask, am I going to try in less than 30 days what it normally takes 2 to 4 months to do?

August 3rd, 2003 - Trekrr and I found our very first geocache. This year, we'll celebrate our 5h anniversary.

As of this morning, I need 214 caches to reach my 2000th.

Now, to celebrate 5 years with the signing of my 2000th log sheet would be a truly wonderful event. But, where oh where would really just elevate such an event to epic proportions??

My 1000th cache was the Original Stash Tribute Plaque, one part of the Northwest Trifecta. Three caches that nearly all cachers, at some point, suddenly get the urge to visit and have listed in their Found column. The remaining two caches are the headquarters for Groundspeak itself, the wonderful company that provides us all with the means to play this game, and one of two remaining A.P.E. caches, a series of 13 caches placed to promote the remake of the Planet of the Apes movie (the other lies in Brazil).

So - the plan:

Do an insane number run between now and July 31st. August 2nd, fly up to Seattle and rest for the day doing touristy Seattle stuff. August 3rd, find and log the APE cache. August 4th, shakes hands with the crew of Groundspeak (known, to us cachers, as Lackeys) in their office.

The plane tickets are bought, the hotel and rental car reserved, the permission obtained from Signal via Annie, and now all that remains is getting the 212 caches to put me at 1998.

I'm insane, I know. Obsessed even, some might say. Others may ask, what about 3000? I may answer - Tube Torcher II!

7/3/2008
You found Super K, Las Brisas, Is this even a park?, Village Shopping Center, The Bean, Honk-A-Goose

7/3/2008
You posted a note for Wade A Minute

7/3/2008
You couldn't find Shipping Magic Italian Money, Rock, Paper, River

1 comment:

cosmiccowgirl said...

I understand. I am crazy obsessed, too. And, like you, I am going to do the APE cache soon and make it a milestone. However, instead of pushing to get to a number, I am kind of holding back - 4 away from 1100, might as well wait. I as well have bought plane tickets to Seattle. Won't be going to Groundspeak (have a job interview instead!) but planning on hitting the APE cache on July 23. Look for my log when you get there! You go, girl!